What are the seven domains of women’s health?
The seven (7) domains of health include physical, social, emotional, environmental, intellectual, financial, and spiritual. These domains of our health all play a vital role in our overall sense of wellness.
- Physical Health – this involves our ability to fight off diseases and get through daily activities without physical stress or undue fatigue.
- Social Health – this gets back to our ability to connect with other people and maintain healthy relationships with family, friends, and co-workers.
- Emotional Health – similar to social health, this is the ability to recognize our own emotional state and cope with the challenges life can bring in a healthy way.
- Environmental Health – this is correlated with our ability to recognize environmental challenges in our home, community, and other developing countries and be responsive to them.
- Intellectual Health – this includes our intellectual capacity to process new things and deal with new challenges to stretch our minds.
- Financial Health – this is tied with our ability to have enough finances to meet the basic needs of ourselves and our family and find personal fulfillment in our chosen career fields.
- Spiritual Health – this involves maintaining a sense of congruency between our values and actions even in the face of substantial emotional, social, and physical health stress.
What health tips every woman should take to heart?
Regardless of your age and health status, it is important to stay on top of your annual wellness checks and health screenings to detect chronic conditions in their early stages. This can increase your chances of early detection before any serious health problems develop.
Another important tip is to make good nutrition, self-care, and physical exercise a priority. This may include small actions like putting on SPF sunscreen, having at least 7 hours of sleep, avoiding smoking, and avoiding overindulgence of food or crash diets. Doing so will greatly help you stay on top of your shape and keep your stress levels in check.
At what age should women start exercising?
Females can start exercising as early as the age of 7 or 8 as physical activities during childhood improve their body awareness and balance during active play. As we reach our teens and adult years, our body becomes more resilient, which makes it the perfect time to build a foundation of fitness. Making exercise a regular part of our lives as early as possible will make it easier for us to fight age-related diseases and muscle loss.
What type of exercise is most beneficial to women?
Women of all ages have endless exercise options to choose from and it can also be helpful to mix up things to keep your workouts interesting and well-rounded. Physical exercises like stretching, cardio, weight training, and resistance training are all highly effective at improving our overall health. Likewise, it is important to note that consistency is key to realizing the benefits of exercise and its positive effects as we grow older.
What diets are the most healthy to follow?
A balanced eating pattern with nutrient-rich foods is the cornerstone of health for women. This may include enjoying a combination of healthful foods from all of the food groups, including vegetables, fruits, lean meat, whole grains, and low-fat dairy.